As Seen On...
Forbes Best of the Web Summer 2005
View Press Release

Site search Web



Archives

Previous Posts

Links






Monday, August 08, 2005

All Anaylsts must die!!! A Next-gen gamer gets angry

All Anaylsts must die!!! A Next-gen gamer gets angry.


By: Bryan Blunt

Is it just me or do all of these analysts just like to see their names in print? I'm not going to point any fingers here but when you release statements that are filled with holes and terms like "believes, high degree of certainty, seems like the most probable price point, predictions for launch, expects the price to be, and my favorite: suggests possible estimates" do you really expect us to give a damn.

I mean I know it's your job but at least come out and say something fresh and new. Put your balls on the line...it's just a job your Daddy got you. He'll set you up again, don't worry. Don't just recycle everything you have already heard, YOU CAN'T SHINE A TURD……YOU TURD.

Yes I am venting a little steam here but seriously fellas lets stop the bullshiting sessions. Price points this, price points that...all I want to read from now on are press releases directly from Sony, MS, or Nintendo. Unless you have some proof to back your information just sit in your cubicle and SHUT THE HELL UP.

What do I want to see....some freakin in game screen shots and videos would be nice. I don't know about you guys but I am sick and tired or reading about what someone else "believes" is going to happen. They are less informed than some of us on these systems so lets just all put out our own press releases.

BREAKING NEWS: Analyst Chauncey Merlot from Jiper Paffray thinks that it is reasonably probable that the PS3 will come with a pet hamster and that it will run on tiny solar panels. He also suggests possible estimates on the possibility of the PS3 taking a dump in your living room if you play it too much.

Go ahead make you own, it feels good. If you have hate in your heart let it out!!!

Boycott the Analysts!!! Don’t post these TURDS any more!!!


Anonymous Steam
LOL...dude I feel the same way. Unless it is official I am sick of it all.  

Anonymous Signig
BRAKING NEWS: A large ape was found holding a Xbox 360 in times square today. It was licking the controller port and talking like Master Chief.  

Anonymous Anonymous
lmao, man, im with you guys, i want REAL news

Xbox live rules  

Blogger Blunt
Large apes are funny, and yes Xbox Live does rule. Any analysts out there know what the Sony service is going to be called. SOE still?  

Blogger D.Vader
Nice one.  

Blogger D.Vader
I remember posting an article with the name of the Sony online service, just can't seem to remember what it was or even what to search for. Something like Station World...? Anyone got this info?  

Blogger D.Vader
You all know Xbox Live is just a shell right? Just a GUI for gamers. It's like saying GameSpy rules.  

Anonymous Jordan
I couldn't DISAGREE more! I love the speculation, its fun... its the nerd version of blue-state vs red-state politics.

Sure most of it is complete b.s., and everybody has an agenda (99% of the time it is money or pride), but trying to figure out what is rumour and what is real makes the gaming world exciting.

Truth be told, I like talking about upcoming games more than I like playing current games! I love waking up to your fine blog!

That being said, I would LOVE to hear what REAL third-party developers are saying about programming progress. Will the "CELL" be the ultimate breakthrough, or will its 7-way multi-whatever prove useless in a linear gaming world.

Now if you excuse me, I am going to pray Sony releases true in-game footage of killzone before November.  

Blogger D.Vader
You know I have to aggree with you. More often then not these analyst reports are probably just MS floating a possible higher price. That way if it gets real bad press they can just say it was a bad story from a bad analyst.

Bring it on I say!

Nerd red vs. blue hahahaha :) That was a good one!  

Anonymous steam
Are you kidding me. I actually do like reading about this stuff the FIRST time. What pisses me off is when these analysts just keep repeating the same bs over and over again.  

Blogger Blunt
Yea that's pretty much what I say in the article. It's more of a rant than anything. As long as it isn't recycled garbage I enjoy reading some new information. I am just sick of price point speculation and what the units may or may not ship with. They have no clue.  

Blogger D.Vader
Well the differing price points is new news. Now we all pay the same price basically. PS3 still a bit more!  

Blogger Blunt
How is $299 a new price point?? These idiots are "speculating" that the HDD will be a add on now. And the $399 price point will be a result of a second SKU. MS has made no announcements on this nor have they verified the $299 price point to begin with. So basically this is just more filler. The articles recently go on to say that the second SKU could range from $349-$399. I have seen price estimates on the PS3 from $299 up to $499 with monthly installments of $99 for a year. This just doesn’t quite cut it as NEW NEWS to me. More like more speculation much like what the Revolution controller might look like.  

Blogger D.Vader
The analysts are just floating this to see what the market makes of it. I am sure MS or some large development house is behind it. Who else would pay them?  

Blogger Blunt
The companies they work for. It is an analysts job to create "buzz" on a company or product for a couple reasons. They have a stake(stock)in it or they are testing the market response in order to decide whether or not to become players in the field. Then they gather the market response and then decide whether to invest or not.  

Post a Comment



Subscribe in NewsGator Online
eXTReMe Tracker