As Seen On...
Forbes Best of the Web Summer 2005
View Press Release

Site search Web



Archives

Previous Posts

Links






Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Japanese Research [Xbox 360 vs. PS3 vs. Revolution]

Japanese Research

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us"A new report on Japanese consumers has been published showing detailed next generation console buying plans. It shows that nearly a quarter of games players plan to buy Xbox 360, with 65% opting for PS3 and 36% looking forward to Nintendo Revolution. Bags of great stats inside…

The Famitsu survey was answered by over 2,000 people, interested in videogaming, during the last week in September.

XBOX 360

It showed that 23.9% of gamers are "interested in acquiring an Xbox 360" with 25% saying they have no interest. 40% of respondents are undecided, while 10% "don't care".

Software-wise, Japan is most interested in Dead of Alive 4, followed by Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Ridge Racer and FFXI. Microsoft's Western launch-line-up doesn't even figure.

Reasons For Buying Xbox 360

Among the people who want to buy the X360, 82.2%m say they like the controller, while 53.9% like the console’s features. Only 36% say they'll buy the machine because of the launch line-up. Nobody liked the face-plate.

- 82.2%: I like the controller
- 53.9%: I like the console’s features
- 41.9%: I like the idea pf a removable HDD
- 36.4%: I like the line-up
- 23.7%: retro compatibility with the Xbox
- 21.3%: I like the design of the console
- 12.9%: I find it affordable
- 12.7%: I like the network feature
- 17.8%: etc

Reasons for NOT buying Xbox 360

It seems that Japanese consumers who don't like Xbox 360, have simply taken against the very idea, Just under 50% said they "just don't like it". A similar number rejected the launch-line-up. 36% thought it too expensive.

- 49.3%: from the beginning, I don’t like it
- 49.1%: the line-up is not interesting
- 36.3%: it is way too expensive
- 24.1%: I won’t switch from the Xbox to the X360
- 14.2%: not interested in the console’s features
- 12.2%: I don’t like its design
- 10.7%: I doubt about the Xbox retro compatibility
- 9.3%: I don’t like the controller
- 4.9%: I don’t care about the removable HDD
- 3.9%: I don’t care about the network
- 2.2%: I don’t care about the face plate


Reasons for 'wait and see' on Xbox 360

Among undecided consumers, the biggest factor is games followed by price.

- 81%: I would like to wait to see what kind of games will come to the X360.
- 53.1%: I would consider buying a X360 if its price is lowered.
- 21.9%: I believe the X360 will not be really retro compatible with the Xbox
- 8.1%: I will try the controller to make my mind
- 4.1%: I would like to see what kind of face plate will be released later

PLAYSTATION 3

In comparison to Xbox 360, 63.2% of consumers absolutely want to buy PS3 with only 5% rejecting it out of hand. 30% want to wait.

Reasons For Buying PlayStation 3

- 70.4%: I like its features
- 61%: I like the line-up
- 58.6%: I like the retro compatibility
- 18.7%: I like its design
- 6.2%: I like the controller
- 5.5%: I like the color variations
- 10%: etc

Reasons for NOT buying PS3

- 54.9%: it does not bring anything new to the PS2
- 43.1%: its price has not yet been announced
- 32.4%: I don’t like the controller
- 31.4%: I fear about the level of retro compatibility
- 30.4%: I don’t like its design
- 28.4%: from the beginning I did not want to buy one
- 19.6%: the date of the launch is still unknown
- 13.7%: I don’t care its features
- 6.9%: I don’t care about its color variations
- 42.2%: etc

Reasons to 'wait and see' on PS3

- 76.9%: I would like to wait to see what kind of games will come to the PS3.
- 65%: I would like to know its price first.
- 40.1%: I don’t fully understand all its features.
- 22.1%: I will try the controller to make my mind
- 16.7%: I would like to know its launch date first
- 14.9%: I find its design not very appealing
- 2.6%: I don’t find its color variations very attractive
- 20%: etc

NINTENDO REVOLUTION


Are you interested in acquiring the Revolution?

- Yes I will: 36%
- Absolutely not: 10.4%
- Not for the moment: 40.6%
- I don’t care: 13%

Reasons to buy Revolution

- 80%: I like its download plans
- 42%: I like the Nintendo Wi-Fi feature
- 41.7%: I like the controller’s features
- 40.9%: I like its features
- 37.1%: I like the controller’s design
- 33.2%: I like its design
- 20.6%: etc

Reasons to NOT buy Revolution

- 53.4%: from the beginning I did not want to buy one
- 32.4%: no games have been shown yet
- 24%: I don’t like the controller’s design
- 22.5%: I don’t care about its features
- 16.2%: I don’t see what it is going to bring
- 14.2%: the price is unknown yet
- 12.7%: I don’t like its design
- 12.3%: I don’t like the controller’s features
- 11.8%: the date of the launch is still unknown
- 9.3%: I don’t care about its download service
- 5.4%: I don’t care about its Nintendo Wi-Fi service
- 17.2%: etc

'Wait and see'

- 72%: I don’t fully understand its features
- 60.6%: I would like to know its price first.
- 49.3%: I would like to know its price first
- 34.3%: I don’t fully understand its download service
- 22.7%: I will try the controller to make my mind
- 21.9%: I don’t fully understand its Nintendo Wi-Fi service
- 21.8%: I don’t think the console’s final design has been revealed yet
- 17.3%: I would like the know when the console will be launched

Opinions on Controller

- 45.6%: it looks very amazing
- 29.7%: it looks very uneasy to use
- 25.1%: I like its design
- 24.2%: I prefer standard controllers
- 19.1%: I like its color variations
- 16.5%: it looks very easy to use
- 16.4%: I don’t fully understand it yet
- 12.7%: I hate its design
- 9.3%: I don’t care about it
- 3.5%: I don’t like its color variations" [link]


Post a Comment



Subscribe in NewsGator Online
eXTReMe Tracker