As Seen On...
Forbes Best of the Web Summer 2005
View Press Release

Site search Web



Archives

Previous Posts

Links






Monday, November 14, 2005

Xbox 360 Available Friday November 18th!



Xbox 360 Available Friday November 18th!

By: Richard Allen

It looks as though consumer retail giant Circuit City will have certain packages of the Xbox 360 available on Friday November 18th at 2PM EST. Nearly 4 days before the official launch date. Interestingly enough the least expensive package available will only set you back a measly $489.95. Both the "Premium" and "Core" Xbox 360 consoles will be featured in 2 bundles. The Gold packages will include a 64MB memory unit, Additional wired controller, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. The Platinum packages will include an Additional wireless controller, Universal remote, 64MB memory unit, Madden NFL 2006, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted.

I was not able to get a straight answer as to whether or not this was an online only offer. One of the friendly operators put me on hold and asked someone and said it was an online offer only. I called back a few minutes later and another operator said it would be available in store as well.




Links:
Circuit City: Video Game Hardware
Circuit City: Game On! - Xbox 360

Anonymous Anonymous
That site gives the most cryptic explanation of the offer EVER.
Seems it's only for web orders, but it's not clear if that's the ship date, delivery date, or what.
It's specific that's it's NOT available for in-store, though.
I couldn't seem to actually take advantage of this offer no matter what I did, too. It just seems to mention it.

I'm calling their bluff. I think it's BS and that best case scenario they're shipping them that day. Luckily because of a lack of guaranteed weekend delivery options, it'll be tough to prove they did or didn't.

It screams "last minute marketing gimmick" to me. I considered cancelling my Wal-Mart order and waiting in line on Friday and I bet I'm not alone. If even a small % of gamers do that - CC wins.  

Anonymous Anonymous
Lol...it's a fiasco. www.joystiq.com verified everything. It's all semantics.
You can "pre-order" starting that day, but that's all.  

Post a Comment



Subscribe in NewsGator Online
eXTReMe Tracker