As Seen On...
Forbes Best of the Web Summer 2005
View Press Release

Site search Web



Archives

Previous Posts

Links






Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Rain, Hail, and Cranky Gamers - An Xbox 360 Tale

Rain, Hail, and Cranky Gamers - An Xbox 360 Tale

"Waiting in line for a system is heaven and hell. You can’t wait to get the newest thing in gaming, but since most systems launch in late fall/early winter, residents of the northeast such as myself often have to withstand the cruel elements that go hand-in-hand with the tail end of the year. This is my account of the best and worst day in the life of one gamer waiting in line for the future of interactive entertainment.

The following takes place between 12:00am and 12:14am- My brother and I leave for our local Best Buy at what I’m feeling is a pretty early time. BB doesn’t open until 9:00am so we should be in great position. We can wait in our van so we won’t be freezing in the Pittsburgh in November cold. We should be among the first to arrive and still be nice and toasty while playing cards. No one’s crazy enough to be waiting outside of the store before 12am right? A 360 is guaranteed right? Well, not exactly.

The following takes place between 12:14am and 12:18am- We pass Circuit City and only see one person waiting out side of the store. Great! If there’s only one person there, then at the very most there should only be a handful of people at Best Buy. The thought does cross my mind to wait at Circuit City, but I remember that they usually have a policy of making their own crap bundles. I still have nightmares about CC making me buy Fantavision with the release of the PlayStation. I mean Fantavision for crying out loud! Clearly they saw the game and realized it would appeal to no one but half blind grandparents, and decided to include this bastard game in the newly formed PS2 bundle. I could just see them trying to “include” copies of under whelming games like Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland and Gun. Both conspicuously from publisher Activision, I might add. I couldn’t chance it. I had to go to Best Buy." [more]


Post a Comment



Subscribe in NewsGator Online
eXTReMe Tracker